Responsible for quoting and placing inventory and non-inventory purchase orders, supporting customer site requests and ensuring on-time delivery of material.
Essential Functions Include:
- Quote and place purchase orders primarily of off-the-shelf parts, cables, hardware, R&D requests, and other outsourced services. Build up our vendor managed inventory program.
- Retrieve ordering specs through engineering database and package documents for vendors to quote on.
- Continuously seek out cost savings by researching multiple vendors and placing blanket purchase orders based off MRP scheduling when possible.
- Minimize material shorts and excess material through a push in/out on order reporting. Communicate need dates to vendors and revise open orders as necessary.
- Expedite past due orders through open late purchase order reports and assist in quarterly on-time supplier delivery reporting metrics.
- Coordinate purchase orders for certain outsourcing activities such as refurbishment processing and outsourcing machine shop plating services.
- Minimize material in MRB by processing NCR’s that require actions such as return to vendor coordination.
- Other buying or planning supporting duties as assigned.
Minimum education, training, and experience qualifications:
- Associates Degree in Business, or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 2-3 years experience in material procurement; preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Technical aptitude and ability to interpret mechanical blueprints a plus.
- Experience using MRP systems and beginner Excel skills.
- Strong problem solving and communication skills helpful.
- Ability to multi-task and manage changing priorities. Experience in low volume – high mix manufacturing environment with a large bill of material helpful.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time and utilize standard office equipment such as a laptop, copy machine, telephone, etc.
- Must be able to walk around on factory floor.
- Work is primarily performed in a typical office environment.
Interested candidates are invited to contact Mevion: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mevion Medical Systems, Inc. offers a competitive compensation package and is an equal opportunity employer