Research and Development Engineer I
Job duties and responsibilities:
- Develop new and improved beam diagnostic, analysis and measurement tools (hardware or software).
- Make technical contributions to the development of complex interdisciplinary technological systems. Such contributions may be from several different disciplines including physics, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, and software.
- Support new product development including design and analysis of beam control, commissioning and dosimetry algorithms.
- Operate the MEVION S250 Series of Superconducting Synchrocyclotrons, tune system parameters to optimize machine performance and collect and analyze beam data.
- Perform testing, verification, validation and optimization activities, including collecting and performing trend analysis on system performance data.
- Create standard operating procedures, work instructions, and verification and validation protocols
Minimum educational, training, and experience qualifications:
- Bachelors Degree in Physics, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline
- Advanced user of data processing programs (Excel required, Matlab preferred); Python experience is a plus
- Proven ability to analyze problems and devise efficient solutions and a fierce desire to learn and create
- Excellent organizational skills, verbal and written communication skills, and presentation skills
- The ability to work effectively in a small team environment or independently
- This position involves occasional exposure to high magnetic fields and routine exposure to magnetic fields above 5 gauss. Individuals with pacemakers, automatic defibrillators, or similar implants are physically disqualified from this position. Individuals with other implanted metallic materials must be considered on a case by case basis, per medical advice from the candidate’s physician and company policy
Please send resumes to email@example.com