Software Engineer 2: Physics and Algorithms
Job duties and responsibilities:
Responsibilities will include various engineering activities for the MEVION S250/S250i development, including, but not limited to:
- Work on various software components of software focusing on mathematical algorithms, prescription translation as well as software R&D, design, development, and integration.
- Work with R&D, Physics, Systems Engineering, and other departments to develop algorithms, simulations, and software as needed to aid in the development of the Mevion software products both for internal use and commercial products.
- Responsible for design documentation.
Minimum educational, training, and experience qualifications:
- Bachelors Degree in Physics, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline.
- 2-3+ years programming experience: Matlab, C/C++ or Python.
- Experience developing commercial medical systems.
- Strong verbal skills.
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment.
These knowledge, skills, and experience are desirable:
- Working knowledge of DICOM and experience working with DICOM toolkits.
- Experience working in a regulated environment like FDA, FAA or DoD.
- Experience with Matlab, Simulink, Octave or Mathematica.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
- Must be able to use standard office equipment including telephone, computer/keyboard, and copier.
- Must be able to walk around the production floor and occasionally climb stairs.
- May occasionally carry parts up to 10 lbs.
Please send resume or CV to firstname.lastname@example.org