Senior Accountant, GL
- Maintain Capital Assets and Intangibles schedule including updating schedule for Asset additions/deletions, calculation/recording of monthly depreciation/amortization expense and preparing asset roll forward files for each Capital asset.
- Conduct annual physical inventory of all Capital Assets to identify all assets that are still in use as well as assets that are damaged or lost that require to be written off.
- Assist in periodic cycle counts and resolve inventory discrepancies.
- Perform daily cash reconciliation and record bank fees. Monitor bank movements to review daily exception report and research any exception items immediately.
- Support and maintain insurance policy renewals with appropriate accruals and amortization.
- Post month end journal entry allocations for fringe, occupancy and service overhead and labor hours for work orders, deferred installation and COGS. Support inventory overhead rates and material burden rates as required.
- Provide timely and detailed Balance Sheet reconciliations for the month and year close, as well as financial reports to management and the Board of Directors.
- Generate monthly journal entry report to confirm receipt of all journal entries made and maintain a file of all completed journal and completed reconciliations.
- Support the preparation, review, and reporting of financial statements, and accompanying analysis for management and Board of Directors in accordance with accounting, audit and tax standards.
- Coordinate banking and investment services.
- Assist to develop the annual operating and capital budgets, as needed.
- Meet and file all federal and state tax, filing and census requirements in a timely manner. Prepare annual property tax return for the town.
- Support all financial and other third-party audits.
- Respond to recommendations contained in financial and other third-party audits.
- Maintain best practices according to accounting, audit and tax standards for SEC independent corporations.
- Ad hoc projects.
- Contribute to the development of a supportive and collaborative work environment through active participation in internal collaborations.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently or with a team.
- Ability to work effectively in a multicultural organization.
Educational, training, and experience qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree and degree in accounting or finance; CPA and/or MBA preferred
- Minimum of five years’ work experience in accounting, and/or finance management with duties and responsibilities of a similar nature.
- Medical device and/or manufacturing experience a plus
- Experience in audited environment required
- Strong current technical accounting skills including an in-depth understanding of SEC reporting requirements
- Prior M&A and/or IPO experience a plus
Other Considerations, Physical and Environmental:
- Sit for long periods of time; use general office equipment, typical office environment.
Please send resumes to email@example.com